English Language Academy
In order to prepare students for admission, the San Diego State University (SDSU) Georgia English Language Academy (ELA), in collaboration with the Center for International Education (CIE), offers preparatory English courses in Tbilisi, Kutaisi, Batumi, and other Georgian cities. The ELA is designed to impart potential SDSU Georgia students who have a solid background in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) with the appropriate English language skills necessary to successfully meet the SDSU TOEFL requirements for admission.
A TOEFL IBT score of 70, PBT score of 523, IELTS score of 6.0, or the equivalent is required for admission to SDSU Georgia.
As instruction in all SDSU programs is conducted in English. University-level skills in English are required to read scientific literature, exchange ideas with international scientists and engineers, and participate in international scientific and engineering meetings. All students must demonstrate a high level of English language skills for admission to any SDSU Georgia program.
The Specific Goals of the English Language Program are:
- Assess student proficiency in English
- Identify the specific language coursework necessary to prepare students for success with their SDSU studies
- Place students in English courses at the appropriate proficiency level
- Monitor progress and advance students on an as-needed basis to courses focusing on higher levels of English language proficiency as they achieve mastery of current coursework
- Offer additional English language support in the form of face-to-face and online tutoring to help students succeed in their classes
To register for the English Language Academy, complete the application.
For more information, please complete the Student Inquiry Form and check the ELA box or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org