Why SDSU Georgia?
San Diego State University (SDSU), a US state university with over 33,000 students located in Southern California, is offering STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Technology) degree programs in Tbilisi, capital of Republic of Georgia. This program is funded through a compact signed between the Millennium Challenge Corporation of United States of America's and the Government of Georgia run by SDSU.
As a member of the SDSU-Georgia community, you will be an integral part of a unique and special cohort of individuals who will earn regionally and nationally accredited and internationally recognized, high quality STEM bachelor’s degrees. Additionally, you will be exposed to academic benefits afforded to students at San Diego State University, including state-of-the-art technology and laboratories. The San Diego State Aztecs alumni family includes over 300, 000 national and international leaders. We hope you will join us to pursue your academic, professional and personal goals.
Some of the highlights of the program include:
- SDSU Georgia students receive admission directly from SDSU home campus; they become fully matriculated SDSU students, studying at the Tbilisi campus.
- Upon graduation SDSU Georgia students receive internationally accredited American degree from San Diego State University; this is exact same degree, with all the accreditation (WASC. ACS and ABET).
- Courses are taught in English, using an identical curriculum to SDSU main campus.
- This program makes SDSU degree affordable to many students in Georgia and the region.
- Tbilisi is a very attractive and safe city with plenty of opportunities for a rich student life.
San Diego State University programs in Georgia are designed to prepare students to excel in science and technology fields. The classrooms, engineering and science laboratories, and computer workstations are designed to meet the same criteria and provide the same technologies that are used in San Diego State University in the United States.
In the 2017-18 academic year, SDSU Georgia is offering six (6) STEM Bachelor degree programs in the fields of:
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Engineering
- Computer Science